March 3, 2006

A Day In The Life

Today’s Unexpressed Thoughts

The water is out again?
Can I eat instant oatmeal like the rest of my family?
If I go to town without Eowyn, and the mountain slides, what will she eat?
Snow Maybe we can go sledding tomorrow
Rain Maybe we can’t.
What season is it in India?
Is the mail here yet?
I can save 15 seconds a day.
Why does Eowyn seem most chipper at bed time?

Turn into Today’s Average Day

We woke up to, of course, the water being off again. After Curtis finally conceded to going up to the waterfall once more, I decided to make him some hot oatmeal and coffee to return to. He actually didn’t eat it until it was cold anyways. I got to thinking about how Curtis has been eating oatmeal lately - an amazing fact considering not too long ago, if there was no cold cereal then he seriously could not fathom what else he could possibly eat for breakfast. I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast, but only the old fashioned kind - I am rather particular when it comes to this. The thing is, we are running out of the O.F., but have an abundance of instant, so I guess I could ease up and eat what we have.
Then I decided it would be a good idea to go to town to run a couple errands. If I left soon enough, then I wouldn’t have to bring Eowyn, just Jed, and she would be able to get a good unbroken nap in, and I could ultimately come and go faster. The only thing is that there is a certain mountain in between us and town that tends to slide every so often when it rains. I just had to hope that today wouldn’t be the day. I ended up being rather lucky, on the way both lanes were open, and on the way back, one lane only, but I hit the tail end of it and drove right through, eliminating any wait. When Jed and I got to the slide area, he started yelling, “SNOW! SNOW!”which he continued to yell for the remainder of the drive. I looked up, and there it was, just a light dusting on the higher areas of the mountains, yet it was there. Maybe at even higher elevations there would be more. This was confirmed when we got to town and saw about 3 inches on cars that had come down from the mountains. Then it started raining, and of course, rain melts the snow. So I guess we’ll see if we can find out the snow status tomorrow. At the thrift store I found a little pair of red and white striped footie jammies. Whenever I see that pattern it makes me think of Candace, because she once expressed that she thought red and white stripes were cute. The jammies were size 6-12 months and maybe would fit her daughter, but would it be the right season for footie jammies in India, their current home? I got them just incase.
After lunch, the big huge excitement of mail came. What might be in there for me? Turns out Jed got his new sneakers. After wearing out the velcro on his others, and the risk of one falling off mid-stride always present, we decided to hook up a new pair on our new best friend, ebay.
So then comes time to workout, followed by a shower, followed by lotion. This is when I realized I could save 15 seconds by putting lotion on both legs at once instead of one at a time. What an amazing revelation, why hadn’t I thought of it before? What wonderful news for a power multi-tasker!
Bedtime comes for the kids, and Eowyn has once again picked this time to be the happiest - and cutest. She just loves to have you jump all around her, especially on the bed, which we’ve had to ban for fear of breaking it. I know this can happen because my brother and I broke my bed back in the day. So for now, we’ll just put her on the floor in her bouncer and act like frogs. She is so sweet lying on her back grabbing her feet, cooing, not getting tired when she should. How could I possibly put her to bed? But I did, and alas, I am writing. Just and average old day.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm always here, if Confusion Hill separates you from your baby. Milk is milk. :)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home