January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

How many thousands of people out there are blogging about what is on so many minds? New Year's resolutions. The loaded promises we make ourselves to keep for the next 365 days, and are soon forgotten after only a few. I admit, I have several...yes, not just one...but for now they will remain in my heart. I get so funny about change in my life. I feel as if I say it aloud or to someone I am instantly destined for failure. Hence them staying in my heart. Superstitious? I don't know. I guess I just don't like the public humiliation if I fail. Or maybe the A word. Accountability. Is that terrible? I just tend to do better on my own, which seems to be the opposite of what we are always told when we decide to make a change. But then again, maybe I'm not on my own as much as I think. I mean, I have told one person. Yup, the big guy. If anyone is going to help me change for the better, to be more like Him, it will be Him. Probably the best accountability I could get. Someone alway cheering for me, never humiliating me, always loving me, and giving me strength when I'm at my weakest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home