October 7, 2008

I have a feeling we're not in Cali anymore

There are so many things I love here, and so many things I need to adjust to. Like wearing sandals while walking Jed to the bus stop in October. That was not so smart. I now have frostbite in my eight smallest toes. Well, not quite. In Sac, I could wear those beloved hippie slippers year round. Year round I say! I'll probably be the mom wearing her slippers down the street with a cup of coffee in one hand, hair unkempt, and jammies still on. 8:00 is just too early for me to care about things like hair and putting forth the effort to actually don socks and shoes.

Speaking of the bus stop, the time has also come for PDA's with my son to end. Apparently a friend saw Jed giving me a kiss as the bus pulled up one morning. Not good. Now as soon as the bus turns the corner, we have a quick hug and wave bye. Oh sad day! Hey, at least I still get the hug.

Onto things I love- well besides my wonderful little angel baby, who is so cute cute cute in long sleeve dresses and stripey tights, and trees changing gorgeous hues of my favorite colors- it's...the Red Sox! Every game is on tv, and they made it to the playoffs! Woo hoo! Though my best Red Sox moment was when we went to the Big E (kind of a state fair for New England) and they had a whole area set up as a bar with hay bales to sit on, and the game on. That was so cool, and everyone is a Sox fan here (almost). Well they should be. There's a wonderful kindredness about it. I've finally been able to get back into it all enough to know all the players, which is something I haven't done for over ten years.

Jed is making friends, and helping us make some too. He is such an excellent socialite, which also can make him hard to keep a leash on. He figured out how to ride a two wheeler in about five minutes, and is now more mobile than ever. I'm sure you can just imagine.

Oh oh oh! I almost forgot! One of the best things here is the food! I mean the Polish food! Fresh peirogies down the street...mmm...yummy. We went to a festival put on by the Nuns around here, and you could get a whole polish plate...peirogies, golabki, ( I always thought it was ga-wump-ki growing up- he he) rye bread and sausage. My dad even got a whole package of polish food for his birthday, which of course he shared, and I got to experience the wonder of Hunter's stew. It's just good. Well, I must get on with my day...missing you, and since pictures are awesome:


5 Comments:

Blogger Lavonne said...

When you live in an area with multiple teams to choose from for a favorite, do you just pick the winning one? :o) I know just what you mean about the comraderie that happens with sports...KC is crazy over their teams, except now when they're doing so lousey. Part of the reason I've kept up with football through the years is to have a connection with family back there.

I'm so glad you're doing well! How about wool socks with those sandals? No? Laura was well-known for wearing hers in the snow of Montana. (Need I say, known for being a bit crazy.)

How goes the hunt for a place of your own? In the meantime, sounds like life is good. J's riding his bike! Nice, and a little scarey. And was E coloring in the lines? Both are growing up so fast.

I can't wait to see those beautiful fall colors. I'm hoping there will still be leaves on the trees next week. I might be the only grown-up pushing leaves into a pile and jumping into them! I'd pay to do that. And walk through a forest and smell those autumn smells. The best. And you know what autumn means....CHRISTMAS will be here before we know it! You'll have a blast with your family this year.

Love you all--Lavonne

9:25 AM  
Blogger devon said...

Pictures are awesome! And so are posts. Elena i check your blog at least every other day. I love you dearly. I love to know how your life goes, and your kids grow and your hubby, um, glows. Go Sox!!!!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CT is a far cry from CA. You have seasons again, family near and dear and grwoing children. When I talk with Curtis he seems to be adjusting well. Winnie & Jed are welcome to become Red Sox fans, but we folks in Indy don't like NEPs. Love Mom

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you moved! I lived in new england b4 moving to cali. we are still in kansas city for now. it seems like everyone has left cali, that makes me kinda sad. I really miss my days there. We are considering moving back there, but also thinking of moving to colorado? we'll see. we are supposed to leave kc on march 31st.

it is really good seeing your pic's and reading what you're up to!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW YOU GET THE WORLD SERIES!
Love, Mom

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home