March 4, 2006

Your mom said poop!


When the hope of snow appeared yesterday, I decided that if it didn’t melt, I would take Jed and his best friend Kai sledding. It seemed to be cold enough this morning, so I told Jed my plan, in the hopes of using it as a bribe for good behavior, which ended up kind of working. Then I convinced Renee to come with, and by late afternoon, we were on our merry way. A little ways down the road, I was discussing some...umm...personal things with her, and the boys in the back seat only overheard one thing- poop. I really think the two of them must have poop radar, because I swear I could have been whispering, or better yet just thinking the word, and they would be on to me. Next thing I hear, “your mom said poop!” followed by hysterical laughter. We’ve kind of been going through this thing lately. It seems that whenever the boys are together, something brings them back to poop. Is this just normal boy stuff? I don’t have any idea. I was never a little boy. On the way back home, something set them off again, but this time it kept on going. One would say something, and then the other would, just setting each other off. I would have stopped them saying, “okay, that’s enough” or “we only talk about that in the bathroom” or “Jed if you say that again you’re gonna be in trouble” or tried to explain the proper time and place thing in some wonderfully adult-like manner that would totally go over their heads, but we’ve tried all that, really. So my latest theory, is that maybe they just need to get it out of their systems, and see that no one else is laughing, and it’s really not that funny. I have a feeling I may not be correct, as I listened to their poop jokes for 20 minutes straight (trying not to laugh myself) all the way home.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not even a little boy, and i talk about poop...and always at the worst times, like the dinner table.. i don't know what my deal is, except that i'm somewhat obsessed with possibility of creating a good streak of solid formations in my daughter's diaper... i want to believe that it's at least possible, and i ponder over all the likley causes of it not being solid... and see, hear i go again ready to talk poop.. and i think the point of your story was to say that you hear about poop more than you'd like to as it is... still i don't get it.. ok i'm done...

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elena, I'm really enjoying your blog. We got snow today too!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boy loves to talk about poop too. Anything that's brown somehow he turns into a poop conversation. Yesterday, after being on the toilet, he proclaimed "I did LOTS and LOTS of poop! Grandma will be SO pround of me!" And of course she was.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elena... this is the first time I've visited your blog (I clicked on Rae's online friends) and am thrilled to hear that you have a little girl and that her name is Eowyn. How beautiful. I'm a mum myself of a little girl named Aria who is almost 7 months old. We are sweating it out together in India's heat!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We enjoy the blog very much!I hope Jed and Kai get it out of there systems soon.Say hi for Natalie and I!!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home