August 4, 2006

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...

And it smelled like apple crisp and incense to me...at first. We came out of it all very lucky, and thanking God. By the time we knew it was our house on fire, it was after one in the morning, and we very well could have been asleep as the fire increased directly above us. But we and the Schultheis' just happend to have stayed up late, and Curtis just happened to come home that very day. Alot of laundry and two nights at the Motel 6 later we are just displaced and a bit emotionally drained. I guess we just take it one day at a time now. Luckily I am going to CT with the kids in a few days, and it will be easier for Curtis to figure stuff out alone. Hopefully we will get an apartment quickly. The red cross is so great, putting us up in a hotel with a kitchenette (not a bathinette) for a few days, so there's only one day before I leave that we don't know where we'll stay. It is hard to write all my feelings about this situation while in the midst of it, so maybe later. For now, let's just say we're good to go for the next two days. Woo-hoo!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHUUUUUUT?
that's the only way i could think to write out the way devon would say what in this deep low drawn out voice, reserved for things that are hardcore, shocking and disturbing... it's like the question that states ' i can not believe it?
i am just so glad you're alll alive...
OHHH MY GOOOOOODNESSSSSS!!!!

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
you could stay here, even though that makes absolutely no sense at all.
Better yet, you could MOVE down here.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sad for you guys. We are in Montana until Monday night and Joy is staying at our house so if you need a place to stay give her a call. Wish we were there to help. I am glad you will be able to leave and get a break. Glad to hear you are all ok.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aye! How frightening! I am SO thankful you are all okay. When do you leave for CT? Remember I'd like to have your address when you can send it to me (maybe I could just sent what I have to CT...I have that address!) Love you so very much--Lavonne

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God, He was watching over both of the families! I will pray for the repairs to this house, a new home for you during that time and for Curtis' new job! Travel safely. Love, Mom

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! crazy! we just talked to scott and heard the story...i'm sooooo glad you're all ok and that you can get away to CT for a bit. phew! glad to hear that you found another place though. love you guys.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home