June 22, 2006

A new home

I've never written about this, and I'm not sure exactly why, but I do have a few theories. Mainly because it makes some people sad. But now that all is said and done, I must face reality. We have moved away from the Land. I guess most people knew we were, but I have never written about it, or my feelings about it. Curtis wants to pursue a career as an EMT, and it would be really hard to live at the Land. We also felt it was time to really focus on our family, which was a bit hard for us in Leggett.

So....here we are, (in Sacramento) adjusting, (boy is it hot!) and so far doing really well. Jed has his own very little room now, but every night so far, he has come out and slept on the couch in the living room after we go to bed. Last night when I went to check on him, he was trying to sleep on the kitchen counter. He has this great obsession with climbing up there. Yesterday, the pepper by the sink was spilled. When I asked what he knew about it, he said a little tiny skunk went up there and knocked it over. He also claimed the tiny skunk lives under his bed - there are actually two tiny skunks living under there.

Eowyn is loving the hardwood floors. She has learned to use them to her advantage in getting around. While sitting she kind of bounces up and down, and it makes her scoot, scoot, scoot across the floor. Also, a great milestone was reached on moving day - her first tooth broke through!

I am feeling a bit frustrated, because I was so excited to cook for my family, and now I find myself just wanting to have burritos or sandwiches every night. Maybe that great cooking gene will kick in soon. Maybe I just have a cooking block. It is so hot I don't really want to use the stove or oven, but I'm not sure that I have a choice. Yesterday was 102, and supposed to be the coolest day this week!

Kidney Bean Kitchen


Lima Bean Bathroom

Living Room with scooting baby

'Dining Room'

Jed's little pantry

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you often lately in this time of changes and adjustment. Your house looks great! We were there when it was pretty empty and it looks so homey with all your things. I bet it seems huge to you! (except for the bathroom - watch your knees:)

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to have you in our little "stars hollow" This is a very hot week. If you can surrvive this then it only gets better. I will have to show you where the public pools are. That is how we survive the heat. Also I would love to have you guys over sometime and let the boys play. I know that Jed is prabably really missing Kai and so maybe Nickoli could fill in for the time being. We are also having a birthday party for Levi on Sunday, and would love to have you guys if you are free. Devon has the details. Ok this is long. I will see you soon, I hope.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
isn't it weird to be able to put your kids down for a nap and just go in the other room? to have more than one room?
wow
your house looks great

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet here! And Jeds pantry is ADORABLE! Sams gonna want his room to look just like it!

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your new home is very,very nice. No matter what the size, there's always plenty of room for lots of love,and that's the most important ingredient in a home. I hope Jedidiah gets to like sleeping in his own room, soon. He has such cute sheets! So Eowyn has found a way to travel! Go Baby Girl!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Eowyn has a tooth! And she's scooting! Your hardwood floors are beautiful, and you've made your house look so welcoming! Hopefully Jed will be comfortable in his own room soon. Maybe those skunks will become his best friends & protectors in the night. So good to see pictures--keep 'em coming. I'm headed for Montana tomorrow morning but will try to keep checking mail here and there. Love you! Lavonne PS: I need your mailing address--like real mail. Email me with it when you can please.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new home looks so nice! I am sure that Jed and Eowyn will adjust quickly to having a bit more space. I will be praying for all of you and for the employer that needs a new EMT.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home