January 3, 2008

Ode to my sneakers

So I got these sneakers for Christmas. (Sorry Mom, I know- atrocious grammar.) And let me tell you I love, love, love these sneakers. They are actually running sneakers. My very first pair ever. I have had the hardest time finding a pair that fit my wide feet, and were a relatively good brand, but not too $good$, if you know what I mean. I bought a pair and returned them after having my toes going numb, and then these just happened to be in the right place, when I had the right energy, and the kids had the right attitude for shopping. Truly, they are light as air- even lighter. They may be made of helium. They also made me realize my old workout sneakers were basically slabs of concrete I would lift and land on as I jumped around. They have just the right amount of squish, and I can wiggle my toes wonderfully. I am excited to put them on every morning, and the only shortcoming I can think of is that they have orange on them, but just a little, and the main color is gray- let me stress not white. I seriously want to float around in them all day, but for now, they are strictly indoor workout shoes. The thought of dirt touching their newness simply repulses me. I will probably name them soon, since more children aren't in the near future, so stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Blogger urban mama said...

so glad you are back to writing. I miss catching up on your life. A good pair of shoes can make all the difference. Enjoy.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home