January 8, 2008

Yummy yummy yum yum

A friend was asking for this recipe, and since it isn't the first time I've been asked, I figured I'd post it, and then just refer folks here. Super easy and yummy, sometimes I add chicken, sometimes over rice, sometimes I omit the red pepper so the kids won't freak out. It can easily be turned veggie friendly with vegetable broth and maybe some tofu for fun!

Pumpkin Coconut Soup

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion chopped (1 cup)
2 carrots chopped (1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-14oz cans chicken broth
2- 15oz cans pumpkin
1- 14oz can coconut milk
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
1 1/4 tsp. salt
lime juice

Saute onion & carrot in oil for 5 min. Add garlic & cook 30 seconds more. Add 1 can of broth and simmer for 10 min. Cool 10 min. Blend in blender until smooth - return to pot. Add pumpkin, coconut milk and the rest of the broth. Bring to a simmer. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve with lime juice if desired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

glad you're back on the blog scene!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Peabody said...

I'm intrigued by the use of the coconut milk.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home