June 2, 2006

Girls day out

Yesterday was a great day. Renee watched Jed for me, and I got to go shopping. Just the girls. Winnie and me. It could not have been more perfect, and I got to find everything I wanted. One of the thrift stores I went to had 50% off all clothing. I got a Gap dress for Eowyn (that she won't fit into for about 2 years) for 25 cents! I found one of those books for babies that looks like a regular book with floppy pages, but it's made of plastic, so it's unrippable. Frannie has taken a liking to my magazines, so this is a great substitute. I was able to take my time, and do whatever I wanted. No husband who hates thrift stores, or son who wants to run around like a crazed chimpanzee. Just little Eowyn in her stroller smiling at all the little old ladies cooing at her. I had the pleasure of driving alongside a little truck crammed full with a mexican family. It made me happy. I love full vehicles. I don't know why, but even three people in the backseat of a sedan makes me smile. Towards the end of my excursion, I found the perfect pair of sneakers on sale, plus I had a coupon! This is my idea of heaven. I was even very proud of myself for not eating really nasty stuff as sometimes happens on my days out. I got a sundae at McDonald's (and a chicken sandwich, hold the mayo, and super sized water - how health concious of me!) and it came with peanuts. As I was looking at the little peanut package, I noticed it did not just say 'peanuts' but 'granulated peanuts.' I've heard of granulated sugar, but granulated peanuts? I myself would have called them 'chopped.' Maybe 'crushed,' or just plain 'peanuts,' but granulated? How wierd.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the girls only expedition. Last week i had one day with just Sam for like two hours and it was like old times, when it was ALWAYS just me and Sam because even then scotts work was constantly out of town. Like in Marin for 3 months! Anyways, i think thid is one of the best things for parents; to take just one kid occasionally. I love that Winnie girl! Peanut granules! Very strange.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home