June 7, 2009

Hidden Treasure

I impulsively decided to start ripping carpet the other day, hoping to find something in decent condition. I did in the first two rooms, but then the living and dining rooms surprised me. The edges of the floor were all finished, but a square of about 8' x 10' feet in the center of each was totally unfinished, moving floors up to a much higher priority. Whoops. I am still working on getting up all the tack board or whatever it's called, but at least the dusty old nastiness is gone, and I think I am breathing a lot better. Here's the first room I did, the office:


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that came out nice! Is the Living and Dining all hardwood, just not finished? Good luck and take it one day at at time! Mom

3:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What?! Was that beautiful floor covered in carpet? Looks great! You do so well when you have a big task to tackle.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, is that the same room? It looks so different!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We found the same thing when we moved a rug in our living room because it was white and it did not suit our lifestyle. The whole floor was parqueted but under the rug, it was just plywood. It did not make sense.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home