March 17, 2006

When Rachel watches the kids

Today was my day to watch Jed and Kai while Rachel worked. We have started to alternate days so we could both actually get something produtive done during our free moments (babies napping). We were leaving our cabin to go and make green cookies for St. Patrick's day, when Jed stopped and ran back into the cabin. "I forgot my voice!" "What," I asked, "your voice?" "Yeah, my voice." He ran over to his boot, reached in, and put it back in his mouth. I just stared at him. Where in the world did this come from? "So, when did you put your voice in your boot?" "Last tuesday." All this was very non chalant, like it was totally normal to keep your voice in your boot for a few days. And where the heck did tuesday come from anyway? In Jed's world everything, no matter when it happened, was 'last night'. I was telling Rachel the story later, and apparently, at her cabin, they leave their 'outside' voices in a bucket by the door. I just cant figure out how it got from the bucket at her place to the boot in our's.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs television when you have kids, eh?!

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course, when you watch the kids it's all poop, all the time! and you do cool things like sledding, too. i wonder if they liked the sledding or the poop talk better?

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home