February 7, 2008

Weekly project

Not that I really will have a weekly project, but it would be cool. I got this great set of chairs for a super deal the other day. The down side was, they were pretty stained and nasty. The upside was that they matched, were sturdy, and had plenty of potential. After giving them the once over in the store, I decided they would be an easy reupholstery job. I'd never done anything like that before, but I'd watched enough episodes of Clean Sweep and other home makeover shows to have a general idea of what to do, plus my new hobby of figuring things out came into play perfectly. Well, it took about four times as long as I'd predicted, and my hands are still hurting from that darned staple gun, but I am happy with the finished product. The vinyl does seem a little old ladyish, but so far it's been awesome for spills from the munchkins.

Here's what I started with:




Here's the finished product:


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! I put off recovering the seats of our dining room chairs for years, figuring it would be beyond my small scope of artistic craftiness. But I did it! Mine don't look nearly as great as yours do, tho. You crafty lady, you. ...Lavonne

11:06 PM  
Blogger Isabella said...

sweet, dude
i tried that once-i used nails-didn't work out very well
you should go into business

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see dinner as a family in your future....everyone seated together. Great makeover! Mom

10:13 AM  
Blogger devon said...

dang elena! these look great!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home