April 24, 2006

The big two six

Really, my birthday was grand. People keep asking how it was, and I always reply "cool" or "nice" or some other general blah answer. I am not very good at on the spot questions of my feelings on things, so from here on I will refer folks to this post. I will cover the low (oh poor me) and the wonderful points. Let's just get the low's over with. Okay. One sentence. One breath. I didn't get breakfast made for me (or coffee) and two of my bestest friends here were gone. All done. On with the good. It actually wasn't too eventful of a day. I was so suprised when I got my birthday blog, though I had found out that some birthday blessing was coming from the direction of cabin A. It was really great. It felt like everyone who wrote on it was thinking of me that day, and made me feel so loved. It was even purple! (I have a little link to it under Blogs I Enjoy)

The rest of the day, I was so busy, it literally flew by. I worked out, then lunch, then ice cream, (Everything But The - of course NO ONE in Leggett carries Coffee Heath Bar Crunch - what's wrong with these people?) then bake a cake, then party time! We all had dinner at the Koskinen's which was amazing as always. Best tacos ever. I totally stuffed myself, so I was actually trying to wait to have dessert. (I am generally a dessert right away kind of girl.) We (I) opened presents, which were great, especially since I didn't have to reject any of them. (I know, I know, I'm such a jerk.) I think my favorite was one of Laura's photos. When we finally had cake and ice cream (homemade) I was still too full to enjoy it to the extent I had envisioned, but somehow managed to be quite happy. Oh well. Lesson learned for next year. (Actually, I did contemplate seconds on the ice cream.) Ooooh, I almost forgot. One happy high moment was when I checked my messages on the machine, and had three happy birthdays, and November and Devon had even sung to me! That was soooo special. I realized that being with the people I love is especially important to me on my day, and it was cool that I got to because of the blog. Yay blogger!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's your bestest friends?
i'm sure they would want to know

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Elena has so many wonderful friends who all helped to make her birthday so special for her.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home