April 11, 2006

Mini eggs

It's that time again, a time to celebrate the resurection of the Lord with candy. And why not give a little shout out to the cadbury people, who make those little devil mini eggs that I can't seem to stop eating. The first time I bought some, I was realistic, and bought a one serving size packet in order to control myself. On Sunday, I figured what the heck, and bought the medium. One of those guys lasts Rae a couple weeks. It should last for me too, right? All gone. Well, it is my favorite, (of all time I'd say) and it's only one time a year they come out. They're sooo good.

Please don't confuse the mini's with the 'original' cadbury egg, which is apparently the topic of much controversy. It seems people either hate or love the big guys. I know that Sara probably has a few stashed for the day after she has her baby, and can finally eat sugar. She has gestational diabetes, but at least the baby's due soon, so the eggs won't be all nasty, like if she was due in June or something. We once had a bonding moment trying to eat an old nasty cadbury egg, just hoping it was still tasty despite the chalky appearance. Sundy actually described the inside of the big cadbury eggs as 'gritty' and the chocolate shell as 'paper thin'. I prefer to call the inside 'textured' and I must say the chocolate has got to be at least 2 mm thick. Just look at the picture.

Today, we have planned to put the paper thin accusation to the test. Renee has a dentist appointment, and on the way back is stopping for a pack of eggs. The perfect thing to do after a root canal. Of course Renee and I being the local sugar junkies, agreed to be the testers, and we will see if Sundy loathes the confections so much, that she can withstand a little nibble.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the big ones are nasty but the minis are my favorite candy.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually DON'T have any stashed-yet.
I've been debating on whether or not I should-and I actually like the mimi ones better. And Elena, honey, you could probably eat TEN big bags and your blood sugar would be great.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to suck the filling out with a straw. The thought of it makes me sick now. I like my chocolate pure. And I do like my chocolate!
Have fun with that boy and girl of yours.
Rebeca

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved both as a kid, then later in life, as i discovered hydrogenated oils and made a firm effort to avoid them as much as possible, i now primarily prefer the mini's, since they do not have pho's (as you call them) but i think the big ones do... anyway, i do however, once in awhile, find myself unable to resist them... they are probably the only thing containg pho's that i will eat by choice... and even then it's only that one egg, this one time of the year...
but the mini's....oh i think i could eat those all day and never think twice about it... in fact i already had one bag, and managed to share a little bit, when we were in Tahoe... before the mastitis and fear of thrush...and before my attempted fast from sugar for lent... attempted meaning it's turned into more of a cutting down than a total fast... which is still pretty miraculous for me... and only possible by God's grace... which i have to call upon almost every hour...

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never bought mini's, I am not sure that I have tasted them b4. I can only handle one or 2 nibbles of the lg egg.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm missing out here... I haven't had mini's either, but always loved the big egg though I felt guilty after eating a whole one all by myself! I only go with milk chocolate at times like Easter and such holidays like that. I usually only eat rich dark lucious smooth chocolate. They say it's good for you--adds at least a year to your life. How about that?!;-)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home