March 29, 2006

You asked for it!

Since my post about pregnancy tea, a couple people have asked about tips to have more energy. I guess I'm pretty energetic, but then with a son like Jed I suppose I have to be, or be taken over! I read alot about health too, but some basics never change. First of all, anyone who knows me knows I am a die-hard firm believer. Yes, there is an actual term 'firm believer'. It is my favorite workout series in the whole world, and I recently found some awesome new workouts by the company on DVD. No more cheesy music and leotards either. I totally think regular exercise is sooo important. I feel awesome after a good sweat, but I also think it is probably something your body gets used to. I try to think back to when I started working out, and I'm pretty sure it wiped me out at first. Even just 20 min. ofwalking a day is so good for you. I've heard that speed walking (around a mall....not!) is one of the best things, because it elevates your heart rate, but doesn't put strain on your body. I also believe that some sort of weight training is important. Your muscles support your skeleton, need I say more? But one thing at a time here. Besides excercise, it's important to get those vitamins (prenatals or the tea, mommies!) and to eat well. I know, I know, listen to me, Miss Sugar America. But really, I'm trying (kind of) to do better. Sweet potatoes are one of the best things you can eat. I've heard this from various sources as of late. Tons of vitamins, and a low glycemic index. (I sound smart, huh?) Anyways, eat good - veggies, lean protien, and whole grains. Oh yeah, how could I forget, drink LOTS of water. So simple, so important. At one point I would drink a gallon a day. I've slipped a bit, but am working on it, some days I make the grade. At least 8 cups. At least. And please don't buy this silly coca cola slogan 'every drop counts'. I'm talkin' water. Clear, pure, water. I drink coffee too. In fact I love coffee, but I don't count it into my daily water intake. Coffee consumption should not exceed 5 cups in a day - so I hear. Five 6oz cups, that is. I have one mug every morning, but it is 3 cups. My greatest concern when people drink alot of coffee, is that they're drinking it instead of water. Now what could we be forgetting? Sleep! When? Who has time? I say at the very very least, six hours will do, but it is much better to shoot for seven to eight. It may seem hard, but that means you can go to bed at midnight and wake a 7 or 8 and be fine. (This is my latest schedule.) But hey, everyone's different. Naps can be good for some, (I don't do naps) but I just read that they shouldn't exceed 20 min. or they can interfere with nighttime sleep. Speaking of sleep, it's getting to be about that time. Please know that I have no qualifications that should make anyone listen to me. Just two kids, a passion for excercise, and enough energy to go around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for taking the time. I think I need exercise and viteys. I am working on that. I eat pretty good, and get enough sleep. I only drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee(small). Definitley not enough water! Andrew and I just started this stuff called "natural calm". You can tell a difference the first dose. It is a magnesium supp. that helps with stress, saddness, sleeping, energy...

I have taken it 2 times. Last night hyde showed his face at 9pm, and I stood up to him and took my natural calm and he went away.

any who, thanks for caring. so glad i found out about all ya'alls bloggin,it's fun to read.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your so great......still sweaten towards that firmness huh? I have great memories girl......great ones. You know.......you and i were at it for a good couple of weeks, keeping the boys out of the big house and all....then brenna comes in, does a few sit ups, calls us freken crazy and leaves....never to return!!! Haha

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home