May 3, 2006

Life is good

Is there some great philosopher that said something about life being meaningless because we keep doing the same things over and over? Was it Solomon in Lamentations? I think about that sometimes. How many times will I wash the same dish, or organize and disperse all my little piles just to have them back in a day or so. Is wanting permanantly done dishes or clear counters all that much to ask of in life? I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I like to think that all the things that I long for here, that are imperfect, will be part of the perks of heaven. That is the only way I can go on clearing and washing, and the only reason I do, because I have that hope of the promise of a better place with Him. That is pretty darned exciting if I think about it. It makes me enjoy my time here alot more, no matter what the circumstances are. (I am actually very happy and content with things right now, just pondering life a bit.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you mean Ecclesiastes or are you just testing us?

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your pondering. It really encourages me for this day when I'm back in India (I just spent 2 weeks with my much-missed fam in England), doing the laundry, trying to straighten up, unpack, and everything else.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home